– This book contains 4 books with many tracks, stations and train blueprints. It uses LHD (left hand drive) system and 3-8 (LLLCCCCCCCC) trains.
– The blueprints have landfill, so bodies of water won’t be a problem.
– Train tracks are chunk aligned and grid locked for easier buildability.
– Almost all blueprints have a optional skin. Your factory will be even more cooler!
– It was tested in vanilla versions.
– Feel free to give suggestions, report bugs and donate money.
– My Reddit page (I answer faster there).
– Last game version tested: 1.1.59
– Some stations must be configured before being used. Change the “S” value of the constant combinator near the red lamp, at the end of the station (S=0 by default), according to the stack size of the item you want to load. For example, ores (S=50), plates (S=100), green chips (S=200) and so on.
– Items that have stack size = 1, such as satellites and rocket silos, must be unloaded with “Unloader – 1 Belt (Stack = 1)” blueprint.
– Never insert/remove items manually in/from the chests/belts. Don’t connect the inputs before the station is fully built. If you want to upgrade some station, halt the input/output before.
– For fluid trains, instead of using Empty cargo condition, use Fluid count ([Fluid] < 50). - Train throughput can limit station expansibility. Watch out. - Depending on inserter stack size, type of inserter and amount of belt inputs, the loading stations will load the items unevenly and eventually the system will break, because the chests will be unbalanced. To prevent this, limit the input belts according to the following table:
|Inserter stack size||Max red belts (input)||Max blue belts (input)|
**Features and specifications**
– Modular stations: can be easily extended adding more bays and stackers.
– Stations balance belt/lane/chest/wagon, no matter how the output is being consumed.
– Upgradeable: blueprints with red belts can be easily upgraded to blue belts.
– It is advisable to use the same name for outpost stations that load the same item.
– Cargo storage light indicator.
– Chest/storage tank storage light indicator.
– Inserters/pumps activity light indicator.
– Each bay has an integrated belt refuelling system for locomotives.
– Bays for PAX trains.
– Lamps for night time.
– Organized pole wires.
**How to use the building and restocking system**
1. Build a Buildind Station and a Restocking Station near your main base (or near your mall).
2. Put at least one train for each station (look in Trains book). The trains will be automatically loaded once parked at the stations and after all items are loaded it will wait for an outpost “call”.
3. Place the outpost blueprint and build the station part using personal roboports or spidertrons. Necessary items: rails, trains stops, medium electric pole, big electric pole, rail signal, chain signals, roboports, lamps, decider combinators, arithmetic combinators, constant combinators, steel chests, storage chests, passive provider chests, fast inserters, filter inserters, stack inserters, filter stack inserters, radars, pumps, storage tanks, pipes, underground pipes, landfill and cliff explosives, if cliffs are enabled.
4. Connect the station to the train network. The trains will automatically go to the unfinished outpost and unload missing items.
5. Stay near the outpost (or park the spidertrons). The logistic bots will automatically restock the used items.
6. You can use the outposts to restock spidertrons with explosive rockets, repair packs, landfill etc. and to get rid of trash (wood, stone etc.).
7. The restocking train will be automatically called if some item is below the limit (repair packs, construction robots, crude oil, etc.).
**Blueprint book content**
– I will complete this section later.
– Version 1.0 [17/08/2019]: First release.
– Version 1.1 [18/08/2019]: Changed loading system of loader blueprint. Different underground belt colors was causing slightly different inserter working speed. Now they are balanced with circuits. Added links for other related blueprints.
– Version 1.2 [22/09/2019]: “3.1 Loader 3-8” blueprint: fixed a missing red wire (bug found by the reddit user u/geppetto123)
; fixed default value of “S”; changed position of “S” constant combinator, now it is near a red lamp and easier to be found. Added “4.0 Arrows for different orientation” blueprint, useful when the station is built in a different orientation.
– Version 1.3 [06/01/2020]: Added loader for stack = 1 items. Added uranium unloader + sulfuric acid loader. Improved light indicator system. Improved balancing system for loader. Changed minor visual features.
– Version 2.0 [01/02/2021]: All stations are now LHD (left hand drive). Blueprints divided in 4 books (Stations, Tracks, Outposts and Trains).
– Version 3.0 [21/05/2022]: Almost all outpost stations now have integrated building and restocking train system. Added optional chunk aligned defenses for outposts (lasers + flamethrowers). Improved building and restocking loading system.
– Artillery outpost.
– Maybe a video explaining how the blueprints should be used.
– I don’t know if I’m going to make a RHD version of this book. Probably not for now.
**Mods and calculator used for creation and testing**